Friday, May 22, 2009

Oh baby mine


Aunt Laurie and Ruby

Today, we went to check out a Parents' Morning Out program. This program comes highly recommended and lo and behold, they had one spot available for one morning a week. Did we want it?

Did we want it? Four precious hours to myself, to run, to read, to (gasp) sleep...oh, the giddyness.

So we went, and really, it was perfect.

The baby room was adorable, the babies happy and well cared for. The women there were grandmotherly. One had even been a midwife for twenty years in India! They loved the babies and the babies loved them.

You held my hand for maybe 10 seconds. Then you were off, playing and trying to give toys to the other babies.

I snuck out, into the hall and watched through the window. You played and played.

Then it was time to sign you up. Yes!, I said. Through the lump in my throat. Lump? What's this about?

I know, completely know, that mamas need breaks and they need support. I believe in the village! I'm not trying to be Super Mom or a martyr. But I couldn't do it. I'm not ready.



Back on the waiting list for us. Maybe in the fall I will be ready for my one morning a week.



Until then, we'll spend them outside, in our pajamas.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think she looks like her Aunt Laurie in that picture! Cute! I can understand why you don't want to be away from her....

BadassMama said...

Oh, sweetie! I'm glad you honored the lump (because I'm all about being true to your feelings). That said, it seems pretty clear that Ruby likes the idea. Lily (who is nowhere near as sociable as you describe Ruby) and I took advantage of a MMO program and it was good for both of us. Hope you get a place in the fall when you are (perhaps) more ready to take the leap.

Emily said...

i really think i will be. she just looked so small, so babyish in that room...

i believe in honoring feelings, too. hasn't steered me wrong yet.

that said- fall is going to be AWESOME.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful Mom you have, Ruby. She loves you soooo much! When the time is right, MMO sounds like a good way for you to have a lot of fun. Your first summer, when you can really enjoy it, should be so much fun - playing out side, gardening with your Dad, swinging in your swing ... it will probably go sooooo fast. You look so sweet with your Aunt Laurie. We love you.