Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ruby's First Mama Hat



Ruby is wearing her first Mama Knit. It took a lot of help from the kind women at the yarn store, but there it is. A Real Thing. Instead of the usual square I knit over and over, pretending it will one day be a scarf.


Side view.



The back and top.



She likes it. (She's saying "hathathathat")

Is it unfair that she is sort of forced to wear whatever concoction I come up with? I prefer to think of it as my God-given right as a mother to dress her any way I want until she tells me otherwise. Yes. I believe that's what it is.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - it looks like a real hat! I'm impressed! Great job!!
And yes, I would say that's your right. With one caveat - when she's in third grade, don't make her wear a green and white striped shirt and a green floral tie to her school pictures. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything. ; )

Unknown said...

By the way Emily if you want that green and white striped shirt and a green floral tie I might still be able to find it! It was so cute!!!!

Have you ever knit anything before? You did a good job!

Unknown said...

Hi Emily,

The hat looks great. You do know it is summer in North Carolina. A bit hot.

I didn't even know you were thinking about knitting. Good job.

John

Emily said...

i am way off, season-wise. i'll be sewing little summer dresses in winter (hopefully). i have a lot of skillz to learn.

super fun.