Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Lucky Number 7



Dear Ruby,

You are now seven months old. Seven months! Your babyhood is flying by and I won't lie to you - it's making me a little sad. I would try to freeze you, right where you are now, but then I'd miss all the good that is to come. Besides, freezing babies is a messy business for the uninitiated. Or so I hear.

Do you see how delicious you are in your Sabres onesie? You are all belly and rolly rolls. Rolls for arms, dimpled legs, and cheeks cheeks cheeks. Scrumptious, edible baby. They said you'd thin out when you started crawling. I'm so glad they were wrong.


Your new things include crawling, sitting up, and saying "nonono". You are fast and you are dangerous. You grab faces, hair, anything you can get your sticky little mitts on. See that expression on your face? That's the face of a stone cold killer. Killa. KillAH.



See what I mean? Pure Evil.

We went to your friend Michael's birthday party on Saturday. You were amazing. Just the sweetest, funniest thing. You played with all the toys, getting right in there with the big kids. You crawled and sat up and talked to everyone. You bounced on laps. And despite no nap, you didn't so much as whimper. Another mom at the party emailed me just to tell me what an awesome baby you are.


She couldn't be more right.

love,

Mama


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mike Garvey said...

I occasionally make the same wish- that my daughters would just stop growing and stay as they are forever. But each new stage is so much cooler than the last. It’s like meeting a whole new awesome kid every day.

Maeve put on her own socks yesterday. I wanted to make her a diploma or something.

(Btw, Ruby could not be cuter.)

Emily said...

You mean to tell me that Ruby will be putting on her own socks one day? Why is that making my stomach knot up? Do I really want to be putting socks on her when she's in college?

Yes. Yes, actually, I do.

BTW, I thought of you when I put her in the hockey onesie. It seemed like a Garvey thing :)

Unknown said...

Happy "Seven Month" birthday! I can't believe you are already sitting up and exploring everything in sight. Your smile is so precious. We love you and can't wait for Dec. 24, when we get to see you and your Mom & Dad. Don't grow too much more until we get to see you.

Love,
Oma & Opa

Unknown said...

It's so awesome being able to follow her through the blog - and she'll love to read these herself one day. I've already started plotting how I can see Ruby (oh, and you guys too ; ) again soon - miss her, and her parents!

Arazaree said...

I love the top picture. LOVE it. She looks so chubby and round and gorgeous and delicious. This blog continues to make me happy, Em. :o)

Emily said...

i know, ray. i think the top pic is my favorite of all the pictures on this blog. she looks so squishy! perfect baby jelly belly.